Freyberg High has a comprehensive range of facilities with over 60 classrooms including:
- 10 Computer laboratories and
375 desktop computers throughout the school.
- 3 Art Rooms, Design room and Photography suite.
- 9 Science Laboratories.
- 2 modern Food Laboratories.
- A ‘Rumaki‘ Māori Language Centre.
- 2 Gymnasia and a Weights Room with weight training facilities.
- A covered heated swimming pool. (Freyberg Community Pool – External Site)
- A Music Suite consisting of 3 classrooms,
6 practice/rehearsal rooms and a recording studio.
- 2 fully equipped Drama Rooms and a
- A well-equipped Library with own online Library Blog.
Video of our Facilities
Computers and Computer Labs
We have 11 computer labs, including three mobile ‘Computers On
Wheels’. In total 375 computers are available for student classes, however
our infrastructure provides for a further 1500 student computers.
Fiber Optic cable links our high speed wireless network to computing architecture, staff and students easy to files, internet and shared resources from anywhere any operating system inside our school.
Specialized computer labs are provided in the Art and Music departments for purposes such as image manipulation, video editing, recording radio programmes, and mixing music.
Monitored internet access is available on all along with a full suite of applications, such as the latest Microsoft office products, and full Adobe CS4 suite (including Photoshop).